Conduct critical biological testing requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles. Record microbiology and chemistry results, interpret data, and formulate action plans to establish corrective and preventative measure. Perform supportive activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers. Use a variety of laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Occasionally participate in functional efforts involving teams to solve problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications and GMP regulations. Communicate microbiology and chemistry results effectively to all levels of the organization. Must be able to provide straightforward and practical food safety advice for avoiding contamination of the facility's products during production, bottling or transportation. Organize, research, and develop all special lab projects. Responsible for monitoring the quality of each water resource. Ensures that all standard testing is done and reported to appropriate parties in a timely manner. Maintain, and monitor Good Manufacturing Practices. Responsible for establishing new and improved testing methodologies. Responsible for locating efficient and accurate certified laboratories for yearly testing. This position will serve as needed to Quality Control Supervisors.
• Degree in food sciences, biological sciences or physical sciences required (transcript mandatory) or five (5) years relative experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in food related industry preferred.
• Working knowledge of HACCP, food safety, cGMPs, and SQF preferred.
• Must be organized, efficient, able to multi-task, and detail oriented.
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills along with a good professional image and personal presentation.
• Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and Access are necessary.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.