Conduct, interpret and record biological testing requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles. Perform supportive activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers. Use a variety of laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data. Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs, specifications and GMP regulations. Communicate microbiology and chemistry results effectively to all levels of the organization. Ensures that all standard testing is done and reported to appropriate parties in a timely manner. Maintain and monitor Good Manufacturing Practices. Responsible for monitoring the quality of each water resource. Organize and assist with all special lab projects. Responsible for compiling data for Arkansas Department of Health (ADH)monthly reporting. Responsible for compiling data for New York State Health Department (NYSHD) monthly reporting. Responsible for completing required documentation for weekly send outs to Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and National Testing Lab (NTL). Consults with Quality Manager, Supervisors, and crew leads to resolve quality issues. Responsible for assisting with new hire training and cross trainings. Willing to learn and become back up to any quality and sanitation positions. All other duties as assigned.
• Degree in food sciences, biological sciences or physical sciences required (transcript mandatory).
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in food related industry preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of HACCP, food safety, cGMPs, and SQF.
• Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
• Must be organized, efficient, able to multi-task, and detail oriented.
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills along with a good professional image and personal presentation.
• Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and Access are necessary.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends.